Submit a picture of your movie or TV-themed Halloween costume and you could win a Tesco Hudl tablet and £50 blinkbox credit!
We’ll pick our favourite costume from the ten that acquire the most votes by 5th November 2013, subject to terms and conditions .
Make sure you get your friends to vote for you because everyone who votes will be entered into a weekly prize draw to win £25 blinkbox credit! View all prizes here.
Fancy a scary movie? Check out our Horror Collection below:blinkbox Horror Collection
Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter is blinkbox Entertainment Ltd (“blinkbox”).
2. The promotion is only open to residents of the UK, The Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
3. The promotion starts at 12:00 on Tuesday 29th October 2013 and ends at 23:59 on Tuesday 5th November 2013, subject to change at blinkbox’s discretion.
4. There is no limit to the number of photos a person is allowed to submit.
5. Photos may be submitted directly via the competition microsite and via Twitter or Instagram.
6. The photographer must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of photos entered in to the competition.
7. Copyright of the image remains the property of the photographer.
8. Winners must be able to prove they took the photograph and own the rights to the photograph entered.
9. All images submitted to the blinkbox are subject to review, and blinkbox reserves the right to reject inappropriate images or images that are not within the competition theme. The competition theme is movie and TV-themed fancy dress costumes and the subject in the costume can be an animal or a human. Whether or not a costume is deemed to be within this theme is the decision of blinkbox, blinkbox’s decision is final.
10. Any photographs that blinkbox considers to be objectionable will be deleted. Reasons for deletion includes, but are not limited to, abusive, obscene, slanderous, threatening, pornographic and law breaking images.
11. By entering the competition, entrants agree that any image submitted may be used by blinkbox for the promotion of this competition and other blinkbox marketing activities. These uses include; displaying the entries on the competition website, the blinkbox blog, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and inclusion in a printed publication or promotional flyer.
12. Entrants will need to LIKE blinkbox on Facebook to be eligible for the competition through Facebook.
13. Entrants who had previously subscribed to the blinkbox marketing communications before the promotion will continue to receive such communications. Entrants can easily un-subscribe from communications at the footer of the emails if they so wish.
14. Once a blinkbox fan on Facebook, simply follow the instructions to enter.
15. Entrants must be older than 18 years of age to enter the competition.
16. The prize for the ‘primary winner’ is a Tesco Hudl tablet and £50 blinkbox credit. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
17. The prize for the ‘secondary winner’ is £25 blinkbox credit. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
18. The ‘Primary winner’ is the entrant who submits the image of the Movie or TV-themed fancy dress costume which is chosen by blinkbox from the photos submitted and which falls into the Top 10 of highest votes received. If more than one entrant receives the same number of votes, these entrants will be counted as one place within the top 10. For example, if there are 5 entrants who all have the highest number of votes received, then the entrant with the next highest number of votes will be counted in 2nd place, and so on.
19. The ‘Secondary winner’ is the entrant picked at random from everyone who votes in the competition.
20. Winners will be contacted by blinkbox after the competition has finished and by no later than 11th November 2013.
21. Failure to respond within 72 hours of being contacted will result in the prize being withdrawn and reallocated to another winner.
22. The winner’s name, contact number and address will be passed to a third party provider for delivery.
23. The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
24. All entrants are deemed to have accepted the rules and agreed to be bound by them.
25. Entrants agree to accept all liability for the legality of content submitted and will not hold blinkbox responsible for any damages that may result. Entrants must not use images from other websites or scan other people’s material. This may be a criminal offence and blinkbox takes no responsibility for the upload of copyright protected material. Any images that are found to have breached copyright may be removed from the site and blinkbox reserves the right to comply with requests from copyright holders to provide contact details of any user who uploads material that blinkbox has reason to believe is otherwise copyright protected.